Thursday 23 February 2012

My iPod Nano Dilemma



I have a iPod Nano 1st generation in perfect physical condition. Totally protected and rarely used. Bought it in 2005 to replace my then sturdy iPod shuffle.

5 years on. Still going strong. I still love it. At just 2GB, its not the best audio machine out in the market now but I'd say serve me well. Recently found out that it has the tendency to heat up quite a bit after over 2 hours of usage (can you believe it.. still can last over 2 hours after 5 years!).

Did some online research and found out that its a Manufacturing defect and that Apple's announced a Replacement Program and further research have found that if I proceed with the program, my iPod Nano 1st Gen will probably be replaced with the current iPod Nano.

Personally, I don't care much for the current iPod Nano. Don't really like it in fact. So easy to say, I don't really want to proceed with the Replacement Program to exchange my iPod Nano 1st Generation to Current iPod Nano. But further reading online prove dangerous to keep using my iPod.

I think I'll probably keep my 1st Generation iPod Nano and just buy a new iPod touch or something.